Duty to inform according to Art. 13 GDPR – website visitors (STARFACE)sucher:innen (STARFACE)
Thank you for your interest in data processing on our website and we assure you that we understand data protection as an important customer-oriented quality feature. The protection of your personal data and of your personal rights are important to us. We treat your personal data confidentially, in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations and in accordance with the information in this data protection declaration. We would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. when communicating by email) can have security holes.
For your trust, it is important to us that we are always available to answer questions about the processing of your personal data. If you have any questions that this data protection declaration cannot answer, or if you would like more detailed information on any point, please contact the data protection officer at any time using the contact details given below.
Name and contact data of the responsible person (Art. 13 Paragraph 1 a of the GDPR)
Name and contact data of the Data Protection Officer (Art. 13 Paragraph 1 b of the GDPR)
Personally responsible: Herr Thorsten Jordan
Purpose and legal basis of data processing (Art. 13 Para. 1 c of the GDPR)
- Handling and processing of contact and appointment requests (Art. 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR)*
- Handling and processing of requests for newsletter subscription (Art. 6 Para. 1 a/f of the GDPR)*
- Handling and processing of our online offer and user-friendliness (Art. 6 para. 1 a/f of the GDPR)*
- Marketing (Art. 6 para. 1 a/f of the GDPR)*
- Contact requests and communication (Art. 6 para. 1 a/f of the GDPR)*
- Creation of user profiles (Art. 6 para. 1 a of the GDPR)
- Handling and processing of support requests (Art. 6 Para. 1 b/f of the GDPR)*
- Technical operation of the website (Art. 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR)*
- Optimisation of the website offer by evaluating website usage data (Art. 6 Para. 1 a/f of the GDPR)*
* Interests of the person responsible when balancing interests (Art. 13 Para. 1 d of the GDPR)
- Assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes
- Ensuring IT security and IT operations in the company
- Prevention of criminal offences
- Measures for business management, the further development of services and products, and the optimisation of the website offer by evaluating website usage data
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data (Art. 13 Para. 1 e of the GDPR)
When accessing and using offers on our website, we pass on data to recipients such as plug-in manufacturers, hosting providers, media and communication service providers, social media providers and newsletter service providers. Our websites may also contain links to websites from other providers to which this data protection declaration does not apply. We will only transmit, without your express consent, the personal data that you have provided to participating subsidiaries or business partners after careful consideration of interests and to the extent necessary for order execution, but will never sell them to commercial users or allow them to be used in any other form. The following transmissions also take place:
We use the email marketing service CleverReach provided by CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Schafjückenweg 2, 26180 Rastede, Germany. This service is used to enable registration for regular e-mail newsletters that we send to our partners. Details on data processing by CleverReach can be found here: https://www.cleverreach.com/en-de/privacy-policy/
- by setting your browser accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies
- by deactivating the conversion tracking cookies by setting your browser so that cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com" are blocked (https://www.google.de/settings/ads). Please note that this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies.
- by deactivating the interest-based advertisements of the providers via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices. This setting will also be deleted if you delete your cookies
- by permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers under https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. You can find more information about DoubleClick from Google at www.google.de/doubleclick or support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090. You can find out more about data protection at Google in general at: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
This website uses Font Awesome to provide fonts from Fonticons, Inc. that are loaded by your browser when you visit the site. For this purpose, your browser establishes a connection to the servers of Fonticons, Inc.
You can find more information at https://fontawesome.com/privacy.
Google Ads / Google Ads Remarketing
We use the Google Ads service of Google Inc. to display advertisements that redirect to this website. We also use the "Remarketing" function within Google Ads to (re)display relevant ads to users. You can find out more about Google's data processing and Google Ads here: https://business.safety.google/intl/de/adsservices/ & https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2549063?hl=de.
Google AnalyticsThis website uses Google Analytics (https://marketingplatform.google.com/intl/de/about/analytics/), a web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Due to the IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activity and to provide the website operator with other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
We would like to point out that Google Analytics has been expanded to include the code "gat._anonymizeIp();" on this website in order to ensure the anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
In addition, we use Google Analytics to evaluate data from AdWords and the double-click cookie for statistical purposes. If you do not want this, you can deactivate this via the ad preferences manager (here) or adjust your consent to data processing using our cookie management tool.
This website uses Google Maps by Google Inc. to make STARFACE sales partners visible on a map for other registered partners. You can learn more about how Google processes your data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de.
Google Tag Manager
This website uses the Tag Manager from Google. This service enables us to manage website tags via an interface. This Google tool only sets tags. This means: No cookies are used and no personal data is regularly recorded. However, other tags may be triggered, which may in turn collect data. The Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If a deactivation has been performed at the domain or cookie level, it will remain in effect for all tracking tags if they are implemented with the Google Tag Manager.
Meta Business Tools (Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp)
We use marketing tools of the Meta Group (specifically Meta Platforms Ireland Limited). We have agreed with Meta to share responsibility for the processing of your data. More information on Meta's responsibilities is available at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy, and our agreement is described at https://www.facebook.com/legal/controller_addendum.
Specifically, we use:
- Meta Business Tool
- Page Insights
- Facebook Pixel
- Instagram Insights
The purposes of using these tools are to measure the effectiveness of our ads, learn about the preferences and interests of visitors to our website, and target specific users with personalized advertising.
Meta Platforms Ireland Limited processes the data in accordance with its own guidelines (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy), which also describe the possibilities that you have for exercising your rights.
The use of these marketing tools involves both sending personal data to Meta subsidiaries and storing anonymized data (cookies) on your device in order to recognize you when you visit other websites.
Use of our live chat (Pure Chat)
(1) We offer the possibility on our website to chat directly with our employees. In doing so, the data transmitted by your web browser is collected in accordance with § 3 para. 1. You can leave us a message via the chat plugin outside our chat times. In doing so, we will ask for your company name and e-mail address in order to contact you and answer your inquiry.
(3) We use the collected data exclusively for the purpose of operating the live chat and answering your inquiries as well as for web analysis. With this service, we pursue the goal of better communication with our website visitors as well as an analysis of the use of our website. This serves our and your interest in increasing the attractiveness of our website. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO.
(4) Only authorized STARFACE GmbH employees have access to the collected data. Personal data will not be passed on to third parties without your consent or an official order. All personal data collected during the chat will be deleted after defined retention periods.
We use YouTube.com to post our own videos and make them publicly available. Videos from YouTube are linked or integrated via links with the integration of the offer from YouTube LLC, which is a subsidiary of Google LLC (Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland). We do not see ourselves as responsible for the content of the websites that are linked to. If you follow a link on YouTube, we would like to point out that YouTube stores the data of its users (e.g. personal information, IP address) in accordance with its own data usage guidelines and uses it for business purposes. In the case of the integration of videos, content from the YouTube website is displayed in parts of a browser window. The YouTube videos are only accessed by clicking on them. If you call up a page of our website on which YouTube videos are integrated in this way, a connection to the YouTube servers is established and the content is displayed on the website by notifying your browser. More information can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy.
Transfer to third countries (Art. 13 Para. 1 f of the GDPR)
It is possible that data will be transmitted to third countries via subcontractors or companies affiliated with them when accessing and using our website and related offers. Potential risks can be unenforceable data subject rights and a lower level of data protection. With the conclusion of order processing contracts (if such a contractual relationship exists), as well as the conclusion of standard contractual clauses including effective supplements required by the supervisory authorities, we minimise the risk as far as possible. If the standard contractual clauses are not sufficient to establish an adequate level of security, consent will be obtained from you in advance within the framework of the Borlabs consent management system pursuant to Art. 49 (1) lit. a DS-GVO.
Storage period in accordance with the statutory retention requirements (Art. 13 Para. 2 a of the GDPR)
- Web server (Hosting Provider): 8 weeks
- Contact form: Your data will only be used to fulfil your request and will then be deleted as long as there is no legal, contractual or statutory retention obligation to prevent this.
- Cookies: Information on how to delete cookies can be found in the cookie information on our homepage.
Until the storage period expires, the data transmitted to us is protected by suitable technical and organisational means in order to protect them from accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continuously monitored and improved in line with technological developments and organisational possibilities.
Right of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, data portability and objection (Art. 13 para. 2 b GDPR)
As a person concerned, you have the right to information, the correction and deletion of your data and to the restriction of processing at any time, as well as the right to data portability. Please contact the person responsible using the contact details provided.
Right of objection (Art. 21. Para. 1 of the GDPR)
If your data is processed to safeguard legitimate interests, you have the right to object to this processing at any time using our contact details provided, if your particular situation gives rise to reasons that conflict with this data processing. We will then terminate this processing unless it serves overriding legitimate interests on our part.
Right of withdrawal (Art. 13. Para. 2 c of the GDPR)
If you have consented to the processing of your data, you have the right to revoke it at any time for the future. This does not affect the legality of the processing up to the point of revocation. Please contact the responsible office using the contact details provided.
Right of appeal (Art. 13 para. 2 d GDPR)
As a data subject, you can contact the responsible State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in Baden-Württemberg at any time if you have a complaint.
Existence of a need to provide personal data (Art. 13 Para. 2 e of the GDPR)
The data collected is necessary for the technical operation of the website, the processing of contact and appointment requests, for inquiries about newsletter subscription and support requests. A possible consequence of not providing your data could be that you cannot use the offers on our website, or cannot use them to their full extent.
Here you will find a list of the processing of personal data by the STARFACE telephone system and license management.